Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Madness

If you ever wonder what my two younger kids do while Brook is at school, here is a good idea. Some days they are a little more creative then others. Today they decided to put on their "Masks" and play cops and robbers. I guess I need to invest in some real masks. It is fun to see them play so well together.

Our oldest daughter turned 7 this month. I can't believe how big my kids are getting. Birthdays give me the opportunity to brag about my amazing kids... So here it goes. I absolutely adore Brook! She is such a sweet and sensitive girl. She loves to read, go to school, dance, sing, act and says that when she grows up she is going to be a singer (like Carrie Underwood), act (like Gabriella on High School Musical), dance (like all the girls on Dancing with the Stars) and be a mom (like me). She is so creative and fun to be with. She is so good to her brother and sister, and her brother and sister love her so much. I could not have asked for a more beautiful girl (inside and out). She is my sweetheart.
Brook gets up so early in the morning, but she knew that our family has the tradition to serve the birthday person breakfast in bed. So she stayed in bed as long as she could... but got a little bored, so she decided to go play with her brother and sister. She kept on checking on me and the breakfast. When I finally had breakfast ready, Brook ran up the stairs and hopped back in bed and anxiously waited until we all came up singing happy birthday to her with her food.

She got to open a couple of cards and gifts before school, one of which was from her Grandma Jody who is on her mission... She took the gift card and got herself a Gabriella barbie and the barbie bedroom set. We are now at the end of March, and Brook each night takes Gabriellas shoes off her feet and tucks the Barbie into bed. It is pretty cute.
Brook has decided to forget about the cute decorated birthday cakes... She has taken after her mother and goes for the Strawberry dessert cake. Yummy!

To finish off the month of March, Steve left for a business trip. We all hate to see these trips approaching but are so happy and releaved when he returns home safe. This is Steve and the kids right before his trip... We love you Daddy! Hurry home!



4 comments:

Chalice said...

i love the underwear masks! i don't think you should invest in real masks (as long as the ones they're using are clean)--it would thwart their creativity

Jody said...

How fun to play "catch up" and see all the changes in each one -- especially the lost tooth smile! What a fun family with such creative traditions...come old, some new, but all yours! Love you guys!

Tracie said...

Tell Brook Happy Birthday from me!! I miss her cute smile and uplifting spirit so much!!! We miss you guys too! Very cute pic of the masks. too funny! I love it when kids play like that!

The Barker Family said...

I just LOVE the masks! Sounds like something your Uncle Scott would do. I wonder if they're related. Hmmmmmm. LOL

Love and miss you all!