Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our new passion.... The Sip-n-slide!

With the weather being hot and the kids getting bored, Brook and her friend decided that it might be fun to try to sell some lemonade. They were determined to sit out there until they had a customer...(2 hours)... and the customer was me! It didn't take long, though, for them to realize how hot and thirsty this job made them. as you can see in the picture more lemonade was drunk than sold.













After attempting to earn some cash, the kids wanted to cool off on the sip-n-slide. We decided to try it on our front yard slope... and it was a hit! They were having so much fun that I just kept on thinking... "why didn't I think of doing this 2 months ago?"










7 comments:

The Colman's said...

WOW what a fluke! I came across your site looking for an article my daughter was in (I have a Brindley as well) but typed her name in wrong because I was breaking up a disagreement between my girls and up came your Brin and Critchfield. With that being not such a common last name and seeing Cortney/Steve etc (too many coincidences) I clicked and I couldn't believe it was you guys! This is Niki Colman (Lewis)! It has been years since I have seen Steve, and that Cortney and I lived together for those couple short months! You'll have to check out my blog and email me. What fun to run across you guys! I didn't even know you guys had gotten married. TOO FUN! thecolmanfamily.blogspot.com

Rasmussen Family said...

Your kiddo's are so cute. I love the pic on the porch. Are you excited to be neighbors?

Jody said...

Nothin' spells summer fun than a good ole' slide -- love the "sip n' slide" idea -- maybe Brook could charge $50 for a sip and a slide! Love the pics!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the updates on your blog. It is great to keep up with each other and our families through blogs. Your kids look like they have grown since the last time I saw them in June! Love the little yellow dress Brooke is wearing! She is totally a Critchfield with her first business! :)
Take Care!
Love Jeana

Angela said...

I love the little funny things kids do. So fun and cute!

jana said...

Good times man! What a blast. Those kids are priceless. Way to support the cause Cort and buy their lemonade.